Frequently Asked Questions

1)  What are your office hours? 
Answer:   8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 

2)  How do I register for Recreation Programs? 
Answer:   Please visit our Registration page for more information. 


3)  Is my family eligible to register for Parks and Recreation Programs if we do not live in the TCPUD District? 
Answer:   Yes, anyone may participate in Parks and Recreation activities. Nevertheless non-residents typically pay more for goods and services since they don't contribute to the District's property tax fund which are used to support parks and recreation services. Customers qualify as a Resident if they live and/or own property in the Tahoe City Public Utility District service area.


4)  Do I need to make a reservation at Lake Forest campground? 
Answer:   NO. Sites are available on a first come, first served basis. If you're interested in other campground reservations, please see the table below. 

Reservation Phone Numbers
California State Park:  (800) 444-7275 
US Forest Service:  (800) 280-2267 
National Park:  (800) 365-2267 
Tahoe Camping:  (530) 544-5994 

5)  Are there any dog beaches? 
Answer:   No. However, dogs are allowed next to the boat ramp in Lake Forest/Pomin Park. 

6)  Does Lake Forest campground have bathrooms and showers? 
Answer:   The campground has portable restrooms but no shower facilities. 

7)  Does Lake Forest campground have hookups? How long can my vehicle be? 
Answer:   The campground does not have hookups or a dumping station. Your vehicle can be no longer than 25 ft. 

8)  Where can I pick up the Tahoe Rim trail in Tahoe City? 
Answer:   There are two locations. The Fairway Community Center is one, which is located at 330 Fairway Drive. The trail can be picked up right across the street from the community center. 

64-Acres Park is another. The park is located 100 yards past the "Y" and fanny bridge on the right side of Highway 89. 

9)  Do you allow drop-in and or part time participants in Day Camp? 
Answer:   No, we do not accept drop-ins or part-time participants in Day Camp. and weekly reservations are only available.  

10) Important phone numbers outside TCPUD - Who To Call? 

PUD - North Tahoe (530) 546-1212
PUD - South Tahoe (530) 544-6474
PUD - Truckee Donner (Electricity & Water) (530) 587-3896
Incline Village Improvement District (IVGID) (775) 832-1100
Liberty Utilities (Electricity) (800) 782-2500
Placer County Animal Control (530) 546-1990
Placer County Building Department (530) 581-6200
Placer County Environmental Health (530) 581-6248
Placer County Public Works (530) 581-6263
Placer County Public Works - Road Maintenance (530) 581-6220
Placer County Sheriff Department - Admin (530) 581-6310
Placer County Sheriff Department - Dispatch (530) 581-6300
Bear League - Ann Bryant (530) 525-7297
Cal Trans - Tahoe City (530) 583-3201
Coast Guard Station (530) 583-4433
Southwest Gas (877) 860-6020
Tahoe Area Regional Transportation (TART) - Bus Service (530) 550-1212
Tahoe City Kayak (rental concession at Commons Beach) (530) 581-4336
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) (775) 588-4547
Tahoe Truckee Sanitation Agency (T-TSA) - Sewer Treatment Plant (530) 587-3804
Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal (TTSD) - Garbage Pickup (530) 583-0148
Truckee Sanitation District (TSD) - Sewer (530) 587-3804